Call # 2009-387

On Monday, October 10th, 2009, while operating on another house fire on Shane Drive, East Gaston S-309, Spencer Mtn. E-183, Community T-32, Ag. Center T-613 and Ranlo E-194 were dispatched to a reported house fire on Sandy Ford Road. Cut loose from the other fire was East Gaston E-303, Lucia-Riverbend E-311 and Mt Holly E-34.  E-303 arrived with a single story house with smoke showing.  E-34 and E-311 provided water while a 1 3/4" attack line was stretched.  L-34 was added to the call and arrived and performed vertical ventilation.  A single line knocked down the fire with minimal extension into the rest of the house.  An overheated dryer is believed to the ignition source.  All units were on-scene for about an hour until the residence was turned over to the owners.